+614 31 115 195

Need travel rights while you wait for a visa?

Need travel rights while you wait for a visa?

With visa processing times now longer than ever, it can take several years to receive a decision on your pending visa application. Things can happen in your home country – friends get married, a family member might get sick, someone might be celebrating a special event, or perhaps it is time to take the holiday of your dreams!

So… can I visit another country and re-enter Australia while you wait for your visa application to be processed?

The answer will depend on your situation – are you currently the holder of a Bridging Visa A in respect of the pending application you have lodged? If so, then you should be eligible to apply for a Bridging Visa B – Subclass 020. This is an essential step. You must be granted the Bridging Visa B before you leave on your trip. The Bridging Visa B allows you to travel back into Australia.

How do I know if I hold a Bridging Visa A?

If you are in Australia and you lodged a valid visa application here whilst you were the holder of another substantive visa, it is likely that you were granted a Bridging Visa A in relation to the new visa application. You will need to check the email you received when you lodged the visa application – it will be the email which also includes the Acknowledgment of Application Received letter.

How do I apply for a Bridging Visa B?

There are two ways to apply for a Bridging Visa B – either through your ImmiAccount (recommended) or by using the Form 1006. It is recommended to lodge the application at least 2 weeks before you plan to depart, to ensure that it is processed in time.

Need help? Contact MyPath Migration today!

Email: or use out Contact Form

This Post Has One Comment

  1. Your mode of describing the whole thing in this article is in fact
    pleasant, every one be capable of easily be aware of it, Thanks a lot.

Leave a Reply